May 20, 2010
“Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgement to the very first radical:
From all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins — or which is which), the very first radical known to man, who rebelled against the establishment, and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”
Saul Alinsky, in his foreword to Rules for Radicals: A Primer for Realistic Radicals.
Reading Humanist Manifestos One and Two should disabuse the reader of the trumped-up raison d’étre of the “separation of church and state” agglomerate, that all they truly desire is to be free from imposed religion. Their diversion is manifest rubbish. There is no law or power in the United States trying to burden atheists, humanists, or paranoiacs in some denominations, with State mandated religious association.
What the SOCSers labor for is the imposition of secular-humanism upon America — ridding the nation of “God.” They are meliorists who hold a nihilistic world-view. “Rational Man is the only hope; ‘God’ is a distraction and a divisive, exclusionary impediment to human progress.”
Within the humanist cadres there are many sincere folk. Though they reject religion, other than their own orthodoxy, and are, fundamentally, agnostic, they acknowledge a form of secular altruism. The good-works of some humanists exceed the less than charitable concerns of many religionists.
But there is a perverse, vengeful strain within the ranks of humanists. A “terrorist” strain! This contingent I call “revanchists.” Those who seek revenge against God! Revanchism is the making of war to regain territory formerly lost. So, what would this territory be?
In Saul Alinsky’s catechism Rules for Radicals, Alinsky actually dedicates his book to the one he claims was the universe’ first “radical.” Lucifer! The insurrectionist Angel of Light! The Rebel who still pursues his cause! The cause which is, as I understand it, displayed in the metaphysic of Progressivism. It is to retake the Garden of Eden and create the Garden of Hedon — a new Sybaritic utopia of perfect liberty and perfect equality — a lotus-eater land of indolent dreamers cared for each and every timeless day by the Wet Nurses of the State.
In Alinsky’s catechism, one of his postulates held necessary to success is to use the “enemies” strengths against them. To force them to fumble around in feeble efforts to defend their faiths! He tells his acolytes to cite scripture that has been strategically eisegeted; to repeat consistently the word “democratic,” and to never refer to the “republic;” to confute the Constitution by attenuating the language and proselytizing an interpretation relevant to the situation. In other words, to create a crisis of confusion and to sow poisonous seeds in their apple orchards.
I want to offer a chronology of humanist thought for the past two centuries…evidence of the efficacy of the Luciferian seed-planting. And, since humanism in its non-Scriptural form is in competition with the God of Judaeo-Christianity, I want to start with a world-famous church-man of the 18th century. The cleric is Thomas Malthus.
In his book An Essay on the Principle of Population Malthus proposed ideas that “project(ed) schemes,” later to be applied by the world’s most murderous tyrants, supported by hopelessly credulous true believers. Alinsky wrote: “All children born, beyond what should be required to keep up the population to a desired level, must necessarily perish…. Therefore…we should facilitate, instead of foolishly and vainly endeavoring to impede, the operations of nature in producing this mortality.
“We should sedulously encourage the other forms of destruction, which we encourage nature to use…we should reprobate specific remedies for ravaging diseases; and restrain those benevolent, but much mistaken men, who have thought they were doing a service to mankind by projecting schemes for the total extirpation of particular disorders.”
About one century later came another disciple, Margaret Sanger, the seriously troubled, hateful creator of that which eventually became known as “Planned Parenthood.” In Sanger’s sanguinary screed The Pivot of Civilization, she openly revealed her glorious scheme for human progress — sermonizing for the salvation of the best of Mankind.
Sanger wrote: “Even if we accept organized charity at its own valuation, and grant that it does the best it can, it is exposed to a more profound criticism. It reveals a fundamental and irremedial defect. Its very efficiency, its very necessity to the social order are the most unanswerable indictment. Organized charity is the symptom of a malignant social disease. Those vast, complex, interrelated organizations aiming to control and to diminish the spread of misery and destitution and all the menacing evils that spring out of this sinisterly fertile soil, are its surest signs that our civilization has bred, is breeding, and is perpetuating constantly increasing numbers of defective, delinquents, and dependents…a full harvest of human waste.”
On Mother’s Day, 2010, coincidentally the anniversary of the presentation of The Pill to the world, memorials were held for Margaret Sanger, the virulent racist and proponent of abortion, population control management, forced sterilization, eugenic-improvement, and euthanasia. Sanger, the Angel of Progress, was hailed to the humanist heavens.
Malthus and Sanger did, effectively, project their progressive schemes into the future, with clear results. Along came Adolf Hitler, whose great crime seems to have been that he took seriously the ideas, accepted by so many of the intelligentsia in places like Great Britain and the United States, of Malthus, Sanger, and, we must not leave out Charles Darwin, for Hitler was a confirmed Racist, a product of his reverence for Darwin.
(Hitler was actually astounded that his presumed allies who reviled the Jews — the Fabian Socialist, Malthusian, Darwinian, eugenic-advocate, titled caste — turned against him.)
Alas, for the “mad corporal,” Hitler’s apotheosis into the ranks of the glorious, progressive antecedents was not to be. He was set aside as one misguided…one who took a wrong turn on the right road…an unfortunate aberration. He was dissed by his own, later, in Alinsky fashion, to be presented at every opportunity as evidence of the cryptic schemes of those who attempt to denigrate secular-humanist, atheistic-materialist, socialist-progressivist “truth.” And, you know, it has worked very well. It is ironic that in Mein Kampf Hitler wrote that “People are more willing to believe the big lie than the small lie.”
Let’s start in 1912.
At the turn of the century (19th to 20th), Progressivism was allied with international, monopolistic, Capitalism. The leading Progressives were industrialists, bankers, Socialist/Fascists, and educationists. Select corporations and literati formed an oligarchy. They were, in many cases, Marxist-Leninists, Social Darwinists. They held no loyalty to any sovereign nation.
- 1912: Colonel Edward M. House, future advisor of progressivist President Woodrow Wilson, published Phillip Dru: Administrator in which he promotes “socialism as dreamed of by Karl Marx.”
- 1922: “Obviously, there is going to be no peace or prosperity for mankind as long as the earth remains divided into 50 of 60 independent states, and until some kind of international system is created.” Philip Kerr, in the Journal of Foreign Affairs of the Council on Foreign Relations.
- 1933: John Dewey, father of progressive education and co-author of the Humanist Manifesto, called for a synthesizing of all religions and a social economic order. Dewey said that “Education is the most powerful ally of humanism, and every public school is a school of humanism.”
- 1972: Dr. Chester Pierce, of Harvard University, in a keynote address to the Association for Childhood Education stated, “Every child in America is insane because he comes to school with certain allegiances toward the Founding Fathers, a supernatural being, toward a sovereignty of this nation as a separate entity…. It’s up to you to make all these sick children well.”
- 1991: In a speech at Baden-Baden, Germany, David Rockefeller said “The super national sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national (self)-determination practiced in past centuries.”
- 2007: Cass Sunstein, ( Barack Obama’s appointed “regulatory czar” (Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs) wrote in his 2004 book The Second Bill of Rights, that economic crisis “(provides) the most promising conditions for the emergence of socialism in the U.S.” In a paper written by Sunstein entitled “Climate Change Justice: the Redistribution of American Wealth” — what he called “distributive justice” — “is more likely to occur through climate change policy than otherwise, or to be accomplished more effectively through climate policy than through direct foreign aid.”
- 2008: Professor Manning Marable of Columbia University wrote in the Socialist Review, “A lot of people working with him (Barack Obama) are, indeed, Socialists, with backgrounds in the Communist Party, or as independent Marxists…. Obama is not a Marxist or a socialist — he is a progressive liberal.”
- 2009: Van Jones, selected by Obama as “special advisor for green-jobs, enterprise and innovation to the White House Council on Environmental Quality” contributed to a 97 page treatise. The manifesto reads “We agreed with Lenin’s analysis of the state and party… And we found inspiration in the revolutionary strategies developed in the Third World revolutionaries like Mao Tse-tung and Amilcar Cabral.”
Recommended Reading: Liberal Democracy vs. Transnational Progressivism: The Future of the Ideological Civil War Within the West, by John Fonte, Hudson Institution, Inc., Orbis 2002.
Wall Street and the Bolshevik Revolution, by Antony C. Sutton. Killer Angel: a Short Biography of Planned Parenthood’s Founder Margaret Sanger, by George Grant, Highland Books, Cumberland House, Nashville, Tennessee, revised edition, 2001
© Frank Maguire